Hey Yvonne, but of course I remember you. Only my fav. YW leader of all time! I was so excited to see your comment and look at your blog. 5 kids? Congrats. I'll be checking in on you. Have you found Carolyn? She's at waiteforcarolyn.blogspot.com. She actually lives in Memphis too!
"I ran out of gas. I, I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts. IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" -- Jake Blues, The Blues Brothers
Jason and Levi after church in clean white shirts -- with a bag of Cheetos. How could this go wrong?
Dylan on "the bump"
While he loves playing anywhere on the baseball field, Dylan's favorite position is on "the bump" -- the pitcher's mound.
Flippin' Burgers
One night in Park City we enjoyed dinner at a local place downtown, Flippin' Burgers. We had good burgers and fries, dynamite onion rings, and flavor burst ice cream. Not every kid can pull off looking tough while holding an ice cream cone.
Camping fun
In the vein of sharing photos of events long after they happen, we had a great time camping with our friends the Piets in early June at Mt. Charleston. Good friends, cool weather, and lots of bacon. It doesn't get much better than that. As you can see in the photo, the kids get along ok.
Mel's biggest fan
Nobody spends more time watching at the ballparks than Levi...and he loves it, especially around the girls' teams. Mel (as she's known around softball fields) appreciates the good luck smooches.
Levi's Best Expressions (obviously learned outside the home)
"My bad."
"I'm a ladies man."
"What the opposite of heaven!"
"What the heck in the world?"
"How do you like that, sucker?"
"What the stinkin' freakin' heck!
Best Barbecue Sauces
We like barbecue, and for us it's all about the sauce. We've tried quite a few, and we think these are the best (in no particular order):
* Big Daddy's Mild Sauce (Big Daddy's BBQ, Amarillo, Texas) * Golden Rule Original Sweet Sauce (Golden Rule Bar-B-Q, Birmingham, Ala.) * Bubba's Original Sauce (Bubba's Bar-B-Que, Idaho Falls, Idaho) * Sticky Fingers Dark Sauce (Sticky Fingers Barbecue, South Carolina) * Homer's Barbecue Sauce (Homer's Barbecue Store, Jackson, Miss.) * Interstate Barbecue Sauce (Interstate Barbecue, Memphis, Tenn.) * Sassy Sal's Barbecue Sauce (Sassy Sal's Barbecue, Las Vegas)
Now that's a sandwich...
Dylan tackling a classic Primanti Brothers sandwich in Pittsburgh - roast beef, french fries, and cole slaw, all between two thick slices of french bread.
4 comments:
Wow Colin What a difference a hair cut makes. It looks nice. Love ya Grandma
Hey Yvonne, but of course I remember you. Only my fav. YW leader of all time! I was so excited to see your comment and look at your blog. 5 kids? Congrats. I'll be checking in on you. Have you found Carolyn? She's at waiteforcarolyn.blogspot.com. She actually lives in Memphis too!
Colin, you look totally studly.
Almost look like a different kid! He definitely looks older or more mature with the new haircut!
Post a Comment