Monday, September 14, 2009

The new house



As you can probably imagine, we've been crazy busy over the last week as we move into the new house.

Our stuff was unloaded into the house Tuesday and Wednesday, meaning the house was stuffed with boxes, which were stuffed with our stuff and packing paper. Somewhere a forest is thinner thanks to all the cardboard used to pack our belongings.

So we've been unpacking boxes, setting up bedrooms, stocking cupboards, and painting rooms.


Our first night in the house we actually had a sit down meal at home for the first time since early July (of course, we were sitting on the back patio with our patio table, four dining room chairs, two patio chairs, and one office chair -- because that's what we had). Many thanks to a few of our new neighbors from the ward who brought dinner over. What a treat (and what a great meal).




We did take a few photos to show some of the outside and inside of the house, our family, and the gorgeous sunset that welcomed us home (as shot from our upstairs bedroom). Fortunately we got photos that day, because it's rained every day since (thank goodness we set up the TV and DVD player, and our long-neglected Ping Pong table).




9 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I'm so excited for you guys! What a pretty house!

Mama Spud said...

I LOVE your new house! That is the type of house that I would love to have. I am so glad you have good neighbors who brought in a nice meal. We thought about coming over and visiting you in the motel, but now I have to see your house so I can be jelous ... just a warning :) Glad you are getting settled.

Lacy said...

What a great yard! And a beautiful home. Isn't the church wonderful, you could move anywhere in the world and someone will find you and feed you.

Hopie said...

What a perfect house for your perfect family and it's perfect for when we come to see you!!! (here's to wishin)

The Piet Girls said...

That is a beautiful picture of the Bohne family in front of your new home. I shed a few tears again today reading this blog. I miss you guys! I am so happy for you!

Pam said...

I like your house, I'm glad you are getting settled in. Good luck with getting everything unpacked and put together.

Tracy said...

It looks so nice. I love the setting the home is in! Is it just a large lot or do you have some land?

Angela said...

Your new home looks absolutely perfect! And it looks (from the one picture) that they even rolled out the red carpet for you as you come in the door. Sweet! We are so happy for you and your family. Thanks for keeping us updated!

The Kelly's said...

What a GREAT house. I love the front porch and the wood stairs. Good luck getting everything put away.