Saturday, September 19, 2009

Levi's head vs. Levi's heart

We're doing a lot of work trying to turn our new house into a home. 

Saturday was a long, busy day. After a productive morning, the afternoon found us all spread out. 

Jason was upstairs with Colin and Dylan, painting bedrooms. Yvonne and Melissa were in the garage unloading boxes. Carson was mowing the lawn.

And Levi? Evidently playing with his toys. Somewhere. Unnoticed.  

But after a while he showed up in the garage and asked Yvonne to tie his shoes. Yvonne asked where he was going.  

"I heard in my head that I should help my mom and dad and brothers," he explained.

After a pause, Levi gave us full disclosure, as he tends to do: "My heart told me not to...but I listened to my head."

Yvonne laughed and gave Levi some work  and he helped for several minutes, at which point his heart won out and he returned to the house.    

3 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

How cute is he! If you guys are anything like us, you've been to the hardware store and grocery store 10 times today. Good luck getting it all together!

Hopie said...

Oh, that is great!!!

The Piet Girls said...

Oh I miss Levi so much. That's a classic Levi-ism. Give him a hug for me.